Business landscapes can change in a heartbeat. Momentum shifts. Your business plan is worthless if you cannot implement it!
Is it time to execute your “reboot plan”?
In this quick, hard-hitting episode, I share a valuable lesson passed along to me from a colleague who used this very idea to fuel his business for over two decades.
To field test it, I gave this a shot for one week…with such amazing results, I am doing it again….FROM NOW ON!
In under 15 minutes, learn two specific tactics you can implement right away to (re)boot your business and move the needle forward RIGHT NOW toward that big, ol’ audacious goal you set for this year/quarter/month/week….
This might just be the most profitable episode of the year….and it’s only February!
Leave your thoughts below. Test it out and let us know how it worked and what you learned about your business!
You become the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
-Jim Rohn, 1930-2009
Several years ago, following some significant, life-changing events, I found myself adrift. I had lost my focus. While I had the “know-how”, my energy for building a business had faded from a roaring fire to a smoldering pile of coals. Something needed to change.
Filling the Gap
When I visit with clients about the difference between where they are and where they would like to be, I have often found the gap to be both deceptively narrow and dangerously deep. In order to traverse the crevasse, one must first summon the courage to try. It helps if you have a support system around you. Are the people with whom you spend the most time building you up, or pulling you down?
Five Steps to Re-Ignite Your Success
- Intentionally select to become active in meetings with like-minded people. By choosing to surround yourself with people who share your values, ideas, passion, excitement and/or skill set, you will be practicing the idea that “iron sharpens iron”.
- Deliberately attend gatherings of people with views different from your own. Living in a bubble is dangerous. Get close to your competitors and detractors to gain a peek into their playbook. While ideologies may not match, knowledge beats “winging it” every time. In some cases, keeping an open mind will often lead to new solutions YOU can implement as well!
- Upgrade your circle of influence. Look around. If you are not learning FROM the people you consider close, it might be time to upgrade your circle of influence. Already upgraded and still not getting better? Shuffle the deck and try again.
- Form a mastermind group. Find people who can be part of your accountability structure (yes…you need that) and for whom YOU can offer fresh perspectives. These are the people who are gathering to make their businesses better. Turn off your filter. Give the best advice you know. What you receive in return is priceless.
- Go on a date. Yep. Get a sitter and go out with your spouse or significant other. Book an exclusive dinner with your child. DO NOT TALK ABOUT WORK. Be present. Listen. [For best results, repeat this step regularly.]
Desire Is Like A Campfire
Once a fire settles down from a roaring blaze to a bed of hot coals, a smart camper banks them up into a tight bundle before heading off to their tent. In the morning, simply adding some dry tinder onto the coals re-ignites the flame to shake off the morning chill and warm up that first pot of coffee.
The five steps above are the tinder you need to re-ignite the fire that comforts your success. If you are surrounded by the right people, average is all you need.
Scott Cooksey works with organizations seeking to improve team performance, forge unbreakable bonds with clients and generate sustainable, profitable results. Learn more at www.IdeaCharger.com.